Our Gardens

At LHCG, we maintain three types of gardens that exemplify our dedication to creating a sustainable environment and a thriving gardening community: gardens for individuals (plots), a donation garden, and specialty gardens.

Donation Garden

Making a positive impact in our community–one donation at a time.

We donate 100% of the food grown in the donation garden and encourage plot holders to donate their excess produce. Approximately 75% of the foods we donate each year is from the donation garden and the remaining 25% is from individual gardeners and fostered plots.

We grow and donate thousands of pounds of organic food to local food pantries each year. Our ongoing goals include utilizing every available space and increasing our yield for this vital effort. We could not do this without the generosity of the many plot holders and volunteers who make this possible.

  • 2024 Goal: 7,000 lbs
  • 2023: 6,700 lbs donated
  • 2022: 5,500 lbs donated
  • 2021: 4,800 lbs donated

Specialty Gardens

We maintain a variety of specialty gardens that exemplify our dedication to creating a sustainable environment and thriving gardening community.

Butterfly Garden

The Butterfly Garden is a certified Monarch Waystation and contains native pollinator plants. It is a stunning and thriving haven for our pollinator friends. As a certified Monarch Waystation, it features an abundance of pollinator plants, providing crucial habitat and nectar for butterflies and our bee populations.

Rain Garden

The rain garden is over 3,500 sq. ft. and contains over 50 varieties of mostly native pollinator plants. It became a certified Monarch Waystation in 2023 and was designed to capture and filter rainwater from the parking areas and control flooding in the garden.

Herb Garden

The herb garden is a beautiful landscaped space filled with seasonal herbs grown for plot holders’ use and donation to food pantries.

Bee Garden

The bee sanctuary is a safe and harmonious haven where our essential bee pollinators can thrive. The enclosure features three beehives surrounded by flowers and is maintained by local professional beekeepers.

Pollinator Beds

Around the garden are a series of raised beds filled with plants designed to attract and feed bees, butterflies, and other pollinators.

DIG with us!

Volunteers play a crucial role in our community. There are no paid staff or employees at LHCG. We welcome anyone who
shares our passion for our mission.